The "Write" Place for The "Write" Attitude!
- Staff: Dr. Rose Metts, Interim Director; Jessica Eppinger,Writing Resource Coach; Larissa McNeil- Professional Tutor; Peer Tutors:Antionette Holt and Vatricia Martin; Student Writing Fellow LaShante' Grant (science), and Faculty Writing Fellows--Dr. Bowden & Dr. Rukmana PSPA; Dr. Hardy, English and Literature; Dr. Marriot, Chemistry; Dr. Setliff, Business; Prof. Silberg, Art
- Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm; 1st appt – 9:00am, last appt – 4:00pm
- Appointments work best: midterms, finals, presentations, & professor required visits fill up our time quickly
- Locations: Gordon Library 204, Payne Hub 106
Contact us: 358-4495 or Rewrite@savannahstate.edu or click here to
Need help scheduling an appointment?
What we do
- We work on a one-to-one basis on any writing project – from brainstorming to revision to final touches. We work on essays, lab reports, resumes, formal letters of all types, master’s theses, work for publication, etc.
- We help anyone on campus – from freshman to graduate students and from staff to faculty to administrators of SSU.
- We identify your strong and not-so-strong writing habits and help you perfect your strengths and improve your potential strengths.
- We focus on Writing Across the Disciplines (Dr. Hale & Mrs. Thomas edited SSU guide) to include math, science, history, etc. This focus reflects the SSU QEP – the “Write” attitude.
What we don’t do
- Edit or change your words or ideas
- Type or write your work
- Take dropped off papers
- Determine or influence your grade (professors do!)
Tips for success
- Plan to spend 30-60 minutes with your Writing Coach. We cannot run over into another student's or staff’s appointment time or take you early if we are working with someone when you come in. For that very reason, be on time for your appointment with your paper already printed.
- Speaking of printing, we do have computers and a printer for your use. If you know you need to print the paper you wish us to help with, come a few minutes early so it’s printed before your 30 minute appointment starts. That way, you will get the entire 30 minutes to work on your writing assignment.
- If you plan to use our computers, know your SSU login (user name and password). We do not have access to that information, and we are not encouraged to log you in under our name. You can get this information from SSU computer services by calling 358-HELP (4357) or by visiting Powell Hall, room 106.
- Bring your syllabus or writing assignment/guidelines. We can help you fulfill your writing requirements better if we know what your professor is expecting. Help us help you!
More information is available: